Slice of Stupid Searcher

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Think (before I speak)

Sometimes I have a hard time not saying what I am thinking. And it occasionally makes for some awkward moments. Take this conversation I had yesterday at work for example.

Guy: This is a nice little cup, and it's double walled.

Me: Looks good

Guy: It isn't as expensive as the other double walled mugs

Me: Uh huh (kind of annoyed because I should have been in the back listening to the Gator game on the Internet, but instead I'm watching this guy give a full body exam to every cup we have on his little double-walled-cup safari)

Guy: (obviously delighted with his find) It's cheap and it's pretty cute!

Me: (before I could stop it from coming out and with an appropriate dose of sarcasm) Is that how you like 'em... cheap and cute?


(Cue very, very, long awkward pause)


Guy: Um, I'm married.

Me: (making a half hearted attempt to show him my wedding ring) Me too.

Guy: I think I'm going to go look around a little more.

Me: Right.

I've heard that the first step is admitting I have a problem. I've never doubted there was a problem, I've been getting in trouble for running my mouth since I was in first grade. At least I don't have to stand with my nose in the corner anymore (That's what she said! Whoops, there I go again).

No comments: