Slice of Stupid Searcher

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Mother Goose

The other day on the way to work I passed a bus that caught my attention. This was clearly an old school bus that had been repainted by someone who does not repaint buses for a living. It was reminiscent of the buses that I used to see in South Florida taking migrant workers to the tomato fields. But it wasn't so much the bus, as the writing on the side of the bus, that really got me thinking. It said, "Humpty Dumpty's Day Care." Now, I couldn't remember exactly what old Humpty was famous for. All I could remember was "The Humpty Dance," but I think that might be a different guy. Either way I didn't think it was related to child care. After having my wife explain Mr. Dumpty's story, I was all the more confused. Basically this guy sat on a wall, fell off, and broke into pieces. That must have been one heck of a fall. The only people I know that sit on and fall off of walls on a regular basis are drunk and/ or homeless people. And it is usually on walls specifically marked, "No sitting." I don't really think either are qualified to watch children. I really am perplexed. Had it said, "Peter Pan's Pilot Service," I would understand. Peter Pan obviously has some flight time under his belt. Rapunzel's salon? Sure, it just makes sense. Someone with a weave that doubles as a rappelling rope probably knows a thing or two about hair. Need to climb a mountain? I'd probably give Jack or Jill a call. Need to come down from a mountain? They may not be the best people to take the lead on that one. Anyway, my point is if you are going to name a business after someone famous, for the sake of people like me, make it applicable. I just spent a day and a half trying to link Humpty Dumpty to child care and I really just don't think this Mr. Dumpty, with his propensity for laziness and instability, is the best role model for your little ones. I think "Mother Goose's Child Care," might be the better choice. Just a thought.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Maybe it is meant to be one of those places that "Scare Kids Straight". Like a boot camp or something. You better straighten up or you'll end up like Humpty Dumpty!