Slice of Stupid Searcher

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Southern Comfort

A friend just emailed me this, I think the end says just as much about Canadians as the story does about the South.

It's a classic southern moment between father and son:

So I walked into the men's room at the Pilot truck stop off I-75 in Ocala. As I was washing my hands a father and son (both with flowing mullets) walked out of stalls and prepared to leave. The son said (make sure you imagine both voices in extreme southern/red-neck accents) "Dad, wait, I want to wash my hands first" to which the father replied "Son, we don't have time for that." The son persisted and said "But Dad, I want to." His father was quick to shut him down and said "Well son, you're not allowed." and quickly ushered him out the door. I imagine that the father had one of two phrases on his mind at the time. "Real men don't wash their hands." or "May the Mullet protect us." Either way, it was a classic snapshot of life in the south.

Jesson and I just got back from Canada. They put on a fireworks show where the last 15 minutes consisted of only red and white fireworks lit to the song "Canada" in which that single word was the only lyric. Classic. I love Canadians. Talk to you later.

Who forbids their kid from washing his hands?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excuse me, but how stupid is it to blast half the nation because one person made a comment in his regional dialect? Brilliant!

Southerners are not stupid -- at least not more than another group of the population. Maybe the dad had hand sanitizer in the car or something. Or maybe every single person above the Mason Dixon line automatically gets a few extra I.Q. points.
Right. Bye y'all. Oh, I mean youse guys.